Orbifly in a nutshell...

Orbifly is an EASA ATO that was founded in Switzerland in 1999 and is known as the pioneer in FAA IR training in Europe.
Now based in France and offering EASA, FAA and UK CAA services, she has become a multinational entity led by a dedicated team of instructors who love to fly in the US as well as in Europe.

Our main goal : Safety of flights.
Our second goal : Pleasure of flight !

Tell me more...


  Who is Orbifly ?

Homepage & News

The Orbiteam

The Orbi-birds fleet

Our Calendar

  News & sweet Memories

Orbifly on Facebook

The Orbidays

The Orbiflyers Team on the 100/24

Our Partners



  Orbifly EASA ATO

Orbifly is now EASA ATO number FR.ATO.0291.

No, we are not giving up on FAA training ! We want to offer you the best of both worlds: combined training, conversions, and a broad expertise in licensing.
Our EASA training courses therefore retain the American-style pragmatism that has made our success!


  Our EASA Trainings

IR(A) Competency Based

Basic IR (BIR)

Multiengine Class Rating (MEP)

Night Rating


  Other EASA Trainings

CB-IR(A) Ground School

La Môle (St Tropez) Competency Check

SET Class Ratings (PA46, TBM, PC12)




  Ground School

3-day FAA IR Ground School

2-day FAA CPL Ground School

Online Virtual Class

Ground School Calendar


  Flight Training

FAA IR Flight Training

FAA CPL Flight Training

EASA to FAA conversions

Combined FAA+EASA Trainings


  Other Trainings

Preventive maintenance for Pilots

Flight Review & IPC

Let's fly in the US!

High altitude, Complex, Tailwheel...


  Partnership with Oysterair

Orbifly has developed a partnership with Oysterair, an English ATO specialized in advanced training on high performance aeroplanes.

We can offer EASA SET training, which can be combined with FAA endorsements providing you with both EASA and FAA qualifications... and even UK ratings if needed.

You did not take the EASA ATPL written exams?
We can also offer you the HPA course. This Ground course will allow you to enter the world of EASA high performance single pilot airplanes.


  High Performance Trainings


PA46 Flight Training

TBM Flight Training



  Our Expertise

Expertise & Technical inspections

Trustee for your N-Reg aircraft

Lawyer & Legal advice

Ferry flights


  Free Services

Met'Map weather online

Free Seminars

Our Newsletter



  Orbifly Member Access

This access is free and open still 2006 to all Orbifly FAA students and former FAA students.

It provides access to a great number of tools and ressources (Orbi-logbook, memos, videos, useful links and documents...).
Check also our Met'Map weather chart here (free).

Subscribe to our newsletter here !


Orbiflyer Access

Email :     Password :

I want to stay connected on this computer.



  Orbifly ATO Access

This access is free to all Orbifly EASA students and Orbifly ATO instructors.

It provides access to your EASA trainings in progress and to a great number of useful ressources for your training.
If you hold an Orbiflyer member access, some functionalities will be linked between both accounts.

Subscribe to our newsletter here !


Orbifly ATO Access

Email :     Password :

I want to stay connected on this computer.



  Our Bases

Avignon main training base (LFMV)

Cannes secondary site (LFMD)

Le Touquet secondary site (LFAT)

Your home'training base ! (HOME)

Subscribe to our newsletter here !


  Contact us

Our contact form

By telephone : +33 4 89 37 4000
Mon-Fri, 9:00-12:00 and 14:00-19:00

By mail at the head office :
441 av Marcel Pagnol
06210 Mandelieu, FRANCE


  Add our contact

Scan this QR code with
your smartphone's camera :



FAA CPL Flight Training

After having passed the FAA CPL written test, you have 24 calendar months to pass the practical exam.

There are 3 possibilities for your flight training :

    1) "FULL EUROPE" training : The full training is done in Europe with an FAA instructor, and a Flight Examiner comes from the US for the final examination. This option was closed since September the 11th, then re-opened. It's closed again since 2022 for non-US citizens, until further advise.

    2) "FULL US" training : Take a break in the US for some weeks, train and pass the final examination (variable duration, expect 2 or 3 weeks for intense training).

    3) "Mixed" training : Train in Europe with your favourite FAA instructor, then pass the examination in the US (after some adaptation training).

We will be glad to assist you in either the "FULL EUROPE" option or the "Mixed training" option.

  Since 9/11, it is mandatory to register any INSTRUMENT, MEP or INITIAL practical training with the TSA (Transportation Security Agency) prior to begin the flight training.
This can be done online (we will guide you through the process).

Orbifly is registered with TSA. This allows us to provide our trainings to non-US citizens and out of the US territories.

Once you have registered and been granted permission to initiate the training, you can fly !

Flight Training with Orbifly

As for the Ground Training, Orbifly has developped an intensive Flight Training for the CPL, that can be entirely done in Europe.

The duration will mainly depends on your prior experience, your comfort when performing the required visual maneuvers, and your final goal (single engine CPL, multiengine CPL, or dual single engine + multiengine CPL).

Expect approximately 5 to 7 days for a multiengine course, or 3 to 5 days for a single engine course. The oral preparation towards the practical exam will also be an important part of your training.

As the regulation can change, you can check here the latest version of the CPL single engine or multiengine requirements for the test.
Important :
As you will read on the above link, the CPL applicant is required to have 10 hours of training under instrument.
You can take the CPL flight examination even if you are not instrument rated. However this required training will have an impact on your budget in case you have no previous IR experience that can be taken into account towards this requirement.

And what about the flight test ?

For the flight test, you have two options available :

    - Take the test in Europe, with a designated examiner

    - Or take the test in the US, after a familiarisation training

  • Option 1 : Take your test in Europe

  • Note : the Examiner designated in Europe can only provide the service to US citizens.

    Once your appointment has been made for a flight test on the airfield agreed between you and the examiner, we can accompany you for 1 to 2 days of final preparation on site prior to your exam.

  • Option 2 : Take your test in the US

  • This interesting alternative will allow you to discover what it is to fly in the USA. You will complete your training in Europe, then fly away for a short stay in the USA, accompanied by one of our instructors.

    At the end of a familiarization training on the locally-rented airplane (generally 3 to 4 days, according to your needs), you will be able to pass your flight test... and you will have discovered at the same time a brand new aeronautical world!

    We organize these discovery/finish-up stays in partnership with flight schools located in the US, where we can rent airplanes and find the most interesting conditions possible for you.

    Any further questions ? Check our FAQ or contact us !

    Homepage - Novemb'Air - Met'Map - FAQ - Contact - Copyright ORBIFLY 1999-2024   -          


    Sky is no longer the Limit

    Reload page